Mike's Dream

The Aaron

Mike's Dream

Hi, my name is Mike, and I thought today was the worst day of my life. I overslept because I was watching movies all night. I was so worried about being late to school that I forgot to feed my dog and stepped on his tail. After being barked at for what seemed like hours, I ate my breakfast, got into my dad’s old car and went to school. When we reached my school, it was 9 o’clock and I was just one minute late to school. My dad had to check me in at the office and sent me to my class. I was late for the math test and did it poorly. During lunch, some older boys took my lunch money out of my hands and ran away. I was too frustrated that I picked a fight with them, later being sent to the principal’s office.

When I reached home, I told my mom about what happened to school and she told me to never do this again calmly, but I knew she was furious inside. The next day was Saturday, and I went to play basketball with my friends. All of them had their own basketballs, except for me. After playing with my friends, I gathered up all my courage and asked my mom if she would buy me a basketball. At first, she said a simple “No”, but when I asked again, she yelled at me saying “First get good marks and get along with kids at school, then go buy a basketball!” I had a passion for playing basketball. Many kids said that I was a good player, but my mom never cared about that. I also loved basketball and it was my favorite sport, and even if I did bad, I still believed that I can be better.

But I still had a will to buy a basketball and become an even better basketball player. One day I got an 91% mark for science, and my father bought me a basketball as a gift. “Don’t lose this,” he said to me. For a few days I played with my new basketball and got better at the game. I won single matches against all my friends. After a few days, many neighbors saw my basketball skills, and they suggested to my dad that he should join me in my school basketball team. My dad immediately agreed to their suggestions, but when he broke the news to mom, she was angry. “Mike does not need to join the team, it is useless and a waste of time,” she said. That night, I could barely sleep. All this tension and anger kept me awake the whole night.

One month had passed since I got my new basketball, and things got a lot better at school. No one was bullying me anymore and we played lots of basketball matches at school. Finally, my mom got convinced about joining me on the basketball team. The coach saw that I had skills and said I was a natural player.

One week later was my first match, and I thought I was going to be ok. But once the match started, I felt very nervous. For the first half of the match, both teams’ points were tied. After the halftime, we resumed the match, but I was doing terrible and my teammates were giving me serious looks. I knew we were going to lose, but thanks to my other teammates, the points were still tied. Someone suddenly said, “Catch the ball Mike!” Thanks to the warning, I caught the ball and to my surprise, I scored a three pointer and the match ended after a few seconds. All my teammates came rushing to me like angry bulls and congratulated me. We had won the match!

My dad was watching the whole game, and when we got home, my mom congratulated me, and my dog leaped upon my and licked my face off. “Stop it,” I told him while I was laughing. That night we stayed up late, ordered some pizza, ate ice cream and watched movies all night in celebration of my win. “I love my life!” I yelled out.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vlad the Impaler

The Last Beekeeper Review

Las Vegas and Arizona