White Night

 

White Night

 

 It was a very dark and cold day on February 2018, when a big snowstorm hit Parsippany-Troy Hills in Morris County, New Jersey, which was where I lived.  The electricity had gone out because the power lines got knocked down and we were using all the flashlights and candles in our house. I was very scared, and it was almost time for dinner.


My dad didn’t take the risk of going by car since it was under heavy snow, and the car would slip on the ice. So instead he walked to a nearby plaza. Lucky for us, there was a restaurant and a pharmacy that were still open. Just our luck, it was almost closing and they only had one dish left: vegetable biriyani. I can't tell you how much I hated it. My dad let me play video games on our tablet while I was eating so I can feel better.


When I wasn't eating or playing video games, I helped my mom search for candles which had been put away for some time and also tried to take care of my little sister while she arranged things for us. She told me not to worry and it will be over soon. We slept through the night without electricity, but in the morning, it was back and everything was fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vlad the Impaler

The Last Beekeeper Review

Las Vegas and Arizona